Welcome to Exporters Eastern Cape
Our vision is to create an environment for members to become globally competitive exporters by facilitating conversations, information and collaboration in the Eastern Cape export market.
Exporters Eastern Cape is a non-profit organisation for persons/companies involved in exporting, either directly or indirectly, or for persons/companies with an interest in exporting. The organisation’s mission is to encourage more local firms to prepare themselves to take on the challenge of exporting and to assist existing exporters to become more globally competitive.
Exporters Eastern Cape membership represents a broad spectrum of professions derived mainly from large and smaller export companies, freight forwarders, financial institutions and shipping lines.
Industries represented by members of Exporters Eastern Cape:
- Automotive Manufacturers
- OE Motor Manufacturers and Component Suppliers
- Agricultural and Agri-Processing (Fruit, Dairy, Mohair, Wool, etc.)
- Service Providers for Exporters
- Forwarding and Logistics
- Government entities interested in exports
- Media & Event Companies
- Individual (Honorary, Co-opted, Committee Members)
- Other Exporter Clubs in South Africa
- Other exporters
Any firm, institution or individual with a real interest in promoting the aims and objectives of Exporters Eastern Cape are welcome to join.
Exporters Eastern Cape can be of benefit to you by:
- Exposure to network opportunities at its functions. This is a great opportunity to be extended to colleagues, suppliers and clients to join you at our events.
- Attending export-related talks.
- Facilitating personal referrals to experts on aspects of exporting that are of particular concern to you.
- Strengthening the bonds between members with interests similar to yours.
- Providing opportunities for open debate on subjects of general interest to the export fraternity.
- Receiving export-related information on various platforms, including email and social media channels.
- Acknowledging and offering exposure by being named Exporter of the Year.
Attendance of events is by invitation only. Non-members are charged R250 per person. Contact the Branch Coordinator, Suzanne Vermeulen at email@example.com or 041 373 1122.
Events are added to this section shortly after the invitations are issued, please click the Event for Invitation and other Media Downloads such as Minutes, Entry Forms and Presentations.
You are invited to a webinar with Exporters Eastern Cape and Sasfin Commercial Solutions (Global Trade) on Wednesday, 18 November 2020 at 10:00 as we discuss various offerings from Government Departments including the DTIC, Customs and ITAC. Companies that are...
On behalf of and in collaboration with the Kingdom of the Embassy of the Netherlands in South Africa, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, in support of the South African Embassy in The Netherlands, SANEC for EMEA in collaboration with Phaff Export Marketing cordially...
Exporters Eastern Cape hosted an online Panel Discussion on Thursday, 15 October 2020 on the Challenges, Successes, and way forward during the Covid-19 Pandemic and lockdown focusing on the automotive, citrus, port and logistics industries. PANELISTS: Captain Faisal...
Leadership Skills to navigate economic turbulence and disruption6 & 7 October 2020 The global proliferation of COVID- 19 shifted the focus almost entirely on the public health and the economic impact of the pandemic. Yet, its impact on work, society and...
Moody’s in October said it expects global auto sales to fall 20 percent in 2020, with a healthy 11.5% percent rebound in 2021. Regardless of the forecasts, recovery in the automotive supply chain is likely to be slow and businesses may remain under strain as buyers...
Reflecting on the new vehicle sales statistics for the month of September 2020 naamsa confirmed that aggregate domestic sales at 37 403 units continued to improve in line with lower lockdown levels over recent months but still reflected a decline of 11 737 units, or...
Eastern Cape companies are currently getting an opportunity to identify and explore trade and investment opportunities available in the Australian market during the Eastern Cape Development Corporation (ECDC) three-part virtual export and investment webinar series in...
Vehicle exports for August 2020 recorded a huge decline of 20 623 vehicles or 46,9% compared to the 43 960 vehicles exported in August 2019, which was the highest monthly total on record. The performance for the year to date now reflected a fall of 104 627 units or...
In the midst of the record citrus export season, Transnet National Ports Authority’s (TNPA) Nelson Mandela Bay ports have successfully complemented the Port of Cape Town, which was negatively affected by COVID-19. Apart from handling the fruit at the Port of PE’s...
Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) wishes to congratulate the Port of PE’s Senior Operations Manager, Captain Faisal Sultan (Master Mariner) on his appointment as Chairperson of the Nelson Mandela Bay Maritime Cluster (NMBMC). He will lead the new leadership...
The Exporters Eastern Cape is a non-profit making organisation for persons / companies involved in exporting, either directly or indirectly, or for persons/companies with an interest in exporting, and our objectives are:
- To provide the exchange of ideas, information and experience amongst members.
- To facilitate conversation, information and collaboration in the Eastern Cape export market.
- To liaise closely with other export orientated clubs and bodies.
- To apply all its funds to carry out such undertakings as may be necessary for or incidental to promoting the objectives of the organisation.
Exporters Eastern Cape’s mission is to encourage more local firms to prepare themselves to take on the challenge of exporting and to assist existing exporters to become more globally competitive.
- To provide its members the opportunity for networking in a way that contributes meaningfully to their understanding of the foreign trade environment and to the promotion of their export interests.
- To generate an inclusive, professional export fellowship between exporters and their supporting service providers.
- To link with and support institutions involved in export education and training.
- To give recognition to export achievers and in general to promote an export culture.
- Monthly meetings and special gatherings conducive to networking, with informative speakers on a variety of export related subjects.
- First-hand contact with government and other officials dealing with industrial development, export promotion, customs administration, port facilities etc.
- Liaison with business chambers, local and regional structures, and related clubs in other regions.
- Prestige awards for the Eastern Cape Exporter of the Year
t: 041 395 1519 c: 082 719 2166
Quintin is a Chartered Accountant with more than 15 years experience at KPMG in audit, tax and advisory firm.
Jane Stevenson – Vice-Chairperson
t: 041 393 4800 c: 083 449 3100
Jane holds the position of Strategic Director at Magnetic Storm.
Suzanne Vermeulen – Branch Coordinator
t: 041 373 1122 c: 083 291 5214
Suzanne is the Branch Coordinator and “go-to” person for all Exporters Eastern Cape enquiries or if members wish to connect with one another. As a qualified Public Relations Practitioner, Suzanne’s role is to facilitate, oversee and manage all aspects that the organisation is involved in – working alongside the Exporters Eastern Cape Committee.
Pravika Chetty – Treasurer
c: 073 376 3264
A qualified Chartered Accountant, Pravika completed her training contract at KPMG and has worked in several KPMG offices in South Africa. Pravika was the Finance Manager at Tavcor Motor Group and is currently the General Manager of Finance at Lumotech.
Greg Billson – Finance/Funding
Neil Barker – Marketing
Loudeaux Minnie – Events
Sujit Bhagattjee – Membership
Ryan Tudhope – Membership
Ndulela Canca – Membership
Steven Buhr – Membership
Oyama Sidlabane – Membership
Brenden Adriaanzen – Membership
© Exporters Eastern Cape | All rights reserved