Welcome to Exporters Eastern Cape
Our vision is to create an environment for members to become globally competitive exporters by facilitating conversations, information and collaboration in the Eastern Cape export market.
Exporters Eastern Cape is a non-profit organisation for persons/companies involved in exporting, either directly or indirectly, or for persons/companies with an interest in exporting. The organisation’s mission is to encourage more local firms to prepare themselves to take on the challenge of exporting and to assist existing exporters to become more globally competitive.
Exporters Eastern Cape membership represents a broad spectrum of professions derived mainly from large and smaller export companies, freight forwarders, financial institutions and shipping lines.
Industries represented by members of Exporters Eastern Cape:
- Automotive Manufacturers
- OE Motor Manufacturers and Component Suppliers
- Agricultural and Agri-Processing (Fruit, Dairy, Mohair, Wool, etc.)
- Service Providers for Exporters
- Forwarding and Logistics
- Government entities interested in exports
- Media & Event Companies
- Individual (Honorary, Co-opted, Committee Members)
- Other Exporter Clubs in South Africa
- Other exporters
Any firm, institution or individual with a real interest in promoting the aims and objectives of Exporters Eastern Cape are welcome to join.
Exporters Eastern Cape can be of benefit to you by:
- Exposure to network opportunities at its functions. This is a great opportunity to be extended to colleagues, suppliers and clients to join you at our events.
- Attending export-related talks.
- Facilitating personal referrals to experts on aspects of exporting that are of particular concern to you.
- Strengthening the bonds between members with interests similar to yours.
- Providing opportunities for open debate on subjects of general interest to the export fraternity.
- Receiving export-related information on various platforms, including email and social media channels.
- Acknowledging and offering exposure by being named Exporter of the Year.
Attendance of events is by invitation only. Non-members are charged R100 per person. Contact the Branch Coordinator, Suzanne Vermeulen at email@example.com or 041 373 1122.
Events are added to this section shortly after the invitations are issued, please click the Event for Invitation and other Media Downloads such as Minutes, Entry Forms and Presentations.
You are invited to attend a networking event in East London with Exporters Eastern Cape and Nedbank on Thursday, 13 June 2019 with a focus on the economy of South Africa and future prospects. EVENT DETAILS:DATE: Thursday, 13 June 2019TIME: 08:30...read more
4BALLS ARE SOLD OUT! Make sure your company are represented by booking a Tee or sponsoring a prize. Join Exporters Eastern Cape for a day on the green at Wedgewood Golf Club for our Annual Golf Day on Thursday, 30 May 2019.Thank you to SJM Flex SA for...read more
Join Exporters Eastern Cape for a factory tour of Eberspächer South Africa. Eberspächer South Africa was born out of a business called K. Braun Engineering established in the mid-seventies in the then so-called homeland of the Transkei. In those...read more
Join Exporters Eastern Cape for a tour of S4 Integration, 2018 Exporter of the Year Winner. EVENT DETAILS: DATE: Friday, 12 April 2019 TIME: 08:00 - 10:30 VENUE: S4 Integration, 1 Leadwood Crescent, Fairview Light finger snacks with coffee and...read more
The Exporters Eastern Cape is a non-profit making organisation for persons / companies involved in exporting, either directly or indirectly, or for persons/companies with an interest in exporting, and our objectives are:
- To provide for the exchange of ideas, information and experience amongst members.
- To liaise closely with other export orientated clubs and bodies.
- To apply all its funds to carry out such undertakings as may be necessary for or incidental to promoting the objectives of the club.
Exporters Eastern Cape’s mission is to encourage more local firms to prepare themselves to take on the challenge of exporting and to assist existing exporters to become more globally competitive.
The aims of Exporters Eastern Cape are:
- To provide its members the opportunity for networking in a way that contributes meaningfully to their understanding of the foreign trade environment and to the promotion of their export interests.
- To generate an inclusive, professional export fellowship between exporters and their supporting service providers.
- To link with and support institutions involved in export education and training.
- To give recognition to export achievers and in general to promote an export culture.
Exporters Eastern Cape annually undertakes several activities in promoting its aims. These include:
- Monthly meetings and special gatherings conducive to networking, with informative speakers on a variety of export related subjects.
- First-hand contact with government and other officials dealing with industrial development, export promotion, customs administration, port facilities etc.
- Liaison with business chambers, local and regional structures, and related clubs in other regions.
- Prestige awards for the Eastern Cape Exporter of the Year
Quintin Levey – Chairperson
t: 041 395 1519 c: 082 719 2166
Quintin is a Chartered Accountant with 15 years experience at KPMG in audit, tax and advisory firm.
Jane Stevenson – Vice-Chairperson
t: 041 393 4800
c: 083 449 3100
Jane holds the position of Strategic Director at Magnetic Storm.
Suzanne Vermeulen – Branch Coordinator
t: 041 373 1122
Suzanne is the new Branch Coordinator and “go-to” person to contact for all Exporters Eastern Cape enquiries or if members wish to connect with one another. As a qualified Public Relations Practitioner, Suzanne’s role is to facilitate, oversee and manage all aspects that the organisation is involved in – working alongside the Exporters Eastern Cape Committee.
Pravika Chetty – Treasurer
t: 041 404 4400
c: 073 376 3264
A qualified Chartered Accountant, Pravika completed her training contract at KPMG and has worked in several KPMG offices in South Africa. Pravika is currently the Finance Manager at Tavcor Motor Group.
Greg Billson – Finance/Funding
Cheryl Reynolds – Marketing
Loudeaux Minnie – Events
Ryan Tudhope – Membership
Ndulela Canca – Membership
Sujit Bhagattjee – Membership
Please click on an image below to open the full gallery of images for the selected event:
Eberspächer SA Factory Tour – May 2019
S4 Integration Site Visit – April 2019
PE Networking Event – March 2019
East London Networking Event with SMA Engineering SA 2019
Annual Social 2018
InfiniteEdge Talk 2018
BKB Site Tour 2018
Breakfast with DG Capital – Carbon Tax
Exporter of the Year 2018 Gala Banquet
Exporters Eastern Cape 2018 AGM
EXPORTER OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2019
Applications for Exporter of the Year 2019 is now open.
Companies can either download the PDF version of the application form or proceed to the online application form.
Please note: All information and documents need to be ready for submission before proceeding with the online application form.
The Annual Exporter of the Year 2019 Banquet will take place on Friday, 16th August at the Boardwalk International Convention Centre.
Contact the Branch Coordinator, Suzanne Vermeulen on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to enter your company for Exporter of the Year.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Chairman, Quintin Levey on 082 719 2166 if you have any questions.
Closing date for entries is 3 June 2019.
- Entry is open to all paid up member organisations, that have been in operation for the last 2 years and are located within the borders of the Eastern and Southern Cape including Klein Karoo region.
- Exports / Services revenue and achievements generated outside of this region must be excluded from the figures disclosed in the entry form.
- The judges may require verification of any information supplied by the entrants and could include site visits.
- All companies entering must be represented at the Awards Banquet on 16 August 2019, be prepared to be photographed and interviewed by the media, and to be available for further media publicity.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries will be handled with utmost confidentiality.
- The organisers may elect not to announce a winner should the desired standard not be attained in a particular category.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify entrants in the event of bankruptcy or any form of misrepresentation.
Click on the link below to listen to interviews from Kingfisher Fm:
29 May 2019 – Boardwalk Conference Centre, Beach Rd, Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth The Nelson Mandela Bay Leadership Summit 2019 features respected South African leadership figures and captains of industry. The panel of guest speakers will explore the...read more
NAAMSA commented that the latest vehicle sales reflected a welcome surprise on the upside with export sales continuing to perform exceptionally well. The declining trend in the new vehicle market since the beginning of the year came to a halt in April...read more
The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) invites interested companies to apply to participate in the Outward Selling Mission (OSM) to Vietnam and Indonesia. The Mission forms part of the dti’s objective of growing exports of South African value-added...read more
Submissions are now being accepted for South Africa's prestigious annual Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Awards. We invite you to apply now and enjoy the significant profiling opportunities that accrue to entrants.Made annually at the African Advanced...read more
Click on a link below to download the selected report:
© 2019 | Exporters Eastern Cape | All rights reserved