Welcome to Exporters Eastern Cape
Our vision is to create an environment for members to become globally competitive exporters by facilitating conversations, information and collaboration in the Eastern Cape export market.
Exporters Eastern Cape is a non-profit organisation for persons/companies involved in exporting, either directly or indirectly, or for persons/companies with an interest in exporting. The organisation’s mission is to encourage more local firms to prepare themselves to take on the challenge of exporting and to assist existing exporters to become more globally competitive.
Exporters Eastern Cape membership represents a broad spectrum of professions derived mainly from large and smaller export companies, freight forwarders, financial institutions and shipping lines.
Industries represented by members of Exporters Eastern Cape:
- Automotive Manufacturers
- OE Motor Manufacturers and Component Suppliers
- Agricultural and Agri-Processing (Fruit, Dairy, Mohair, Wool, etc.)
- Service Providers for Exporters
- Forwarding and Logistics
- Government entities interested in exports
- Media & Event Companies
- Individual (Honorary, Co-opted, Committee Members)
- Other Exporter Clubs in South Africa
- Other exporters
Any firm, institution or individual with a real interest in promoting the aims and objectives of Exporters Eastern Cape are welcome to join.
Exporters Eastern Cape can be of benefit to you by:
- Attending export-related talks.
- Connecting with exporters, OEM’s and other representatives in the supply chain.
- Facilitating personal referrals to experts on aspects of exporting that are of particular concern to you.
- Strengthening the bonds between members with interests similar to yours.
- Providing opportunities for open debate on subjects of general interest to the export fraternity.
- Receiving export-related information on various platforms, including email and social media channels.
- Acknowledging and offering exposure by being named Exporter of the Year.
- Offering mentoring through the Exporters Development Programme.
Why should you join Exporters Eastern Cape?
Attendance of events is by invitation only. Non-members are charged R250 per person.
Events are added to this section shortly after the invitations are issued, please click the Event for Invitation and other Media Downloads such as Entry Forms and Presentations.
You are invited to the Annual Social with Exporters Eastern Cape on Thursday, 7 December 2023 hosted by the 2023 Exporter of the Year Overall Winner, S4 Integration. Our Annual Social is a highlight on our events calendar. It’s a time for our members to enjoy each...
You are invited to attend an exciting Networking Event with Exporters Eastern Cape and Engeli Enterprise Development. Come join us for a session with Business Coach, Colin Carmody, and share how your year has been. TOPIC: Sharing War Stories of the Year ...
Engineering Hub Plant Tour RSVP Form EVENT DETAILS: DATE: Friday, 25 August 2023 TIME: 08:00 - 08:30 VENUE: The Engineering Hub - Alabaster Street, Baakens Valley, Port Elizabeth
You are invited to an exciting Business Breakfast with Cushman & Wakefield / BROLL and Exporters Eastern Cape, plus have the opportunity to view the Isuzu Warehouse. Guest Speaker: Justice Malala Justice Malala is an award-winning journalist, television host,...
Ford Celebrates 100 Years in South Africa, Announces Ranger PHEV Investment, New Products and Legacy CSR Projects
Ford has a long and proud legacy in South Africa, established in Gqeberha (formerly Port Elizabeth) in November 1923 as first global manufacturer to set up local vehicle production Ford invests R5.2 billion (US$272 million) in Silverton Assembly Plant for production...
Excitement is building as the winners of the Exporters Eastern Cape’s 2023 Exporter of the Year Awards will be announced in just a few weeks’ time. In its 28th year, the Exporter of the Year Awards is hosted annually by Exporters Eastern Cape to acknowledge the...
Focus on emerging exporters Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that export goods are powerful drivers of economic growth, job creation, and innovation. They contribute significantly to the economic well-being of the country by expanding into international...
With Europe, China and the US speeding ahead “on the Autobahn” of e-mobility with plans in place by many OEMs to manufacture only electric vehicles (EV) in the next 5 to 10 years, South Africa needs to gear up for the changes ahead. Interest in EVs even amongst local...
ECDC Launches Export Market Access Fund The ECDC has launched an Export Market Access Assistance fund aimed at assisting business with costs towards registration of their products into international markets and various other technical export requirements as listed on...
“Get the basics right,” was one of the key messages shared by Nelson Mandela Bay Executive Mayor Retief Odendaal at a business breakfast held by the Exporters Eastern Cape and DG Incentives in Gqeberha on Thursday, 2 March 2023. While the mayor highlighted the many...
The Exporters Eastern Cape is a non-profit making organisation for persons / companies involved in exporting, either directly or indirectly, or for persons/companies with an interest in exporting, and our objectives are:
- To provide the exchange of ideas, information and experience amongst members.
- To facilitate conversation, information and collaboration in the Eastern Cape export market.
- To strengthening the bonds between members with interest similar to yours.
- To facilitate personal referrals to experts on aspects of exporting that are of particular concern to members.
- To liaise closely with other export orientated clubs and bodies.
- To apply all its funds to carry out such undertakings as may be necessary for or incidental to promoting the objectives of the organisation.
Exporters Eastern Cape’s mission is to encourage more local firms to prepare themselves to take on the challenge of exporting and to assist existing exporters to become more globally competitive.
- To provide its members the opportunity for networking in a way that contributes meaningfully to their understanding of the foreign trade environment and to the promotion of their export interests.
- To generate an inclusive, professional export fellowship between exporters and their supporting service providers.
- To link with and support institutions involved in export education and training.
- To give recognition to export achievers and in general to promote an export culture.
- Monthly meetings and special gatherings (in person or online) conducive to networking, with informative speakers on a variety of up-to-date export related subjects.
- First-hand contact with government and other officials dealing with industrial development, export promotion, customs administration, port facilities etc.
- Liaison with business chambers, local and regional structures, and related clubs in other regions.
- Prestige awards for the Eastern Cape Exporter of the Year.
Quintin Levey – Chairman
c: 083 459 2232
Quintin is a Chartered Accountant with more than 15 years experience at KPMG in audit, tax and advisory firm.
Deon Joubert – Vice-Chair
c: 082 410 8910
Deon is the Managing Director of International Automotive Component Manufacturer, SJM Flex SA.
Suzanne Vermeulen – Branch Manager
c: 083 291 5214
Suzanne is the Branch Manager and “go-to” person for all Exporters Eastern Cape enquiries or if members wish to connect with one another. As a qualified Public Relations Practitioner, Suzanne’s role is to facilitate, oversee and manage all aspects that the organisation is involved in – working alongside the Exporters Eastern Cape Committee.
Pravika Chetty – Treasurer
c:073 376 3264
A qualified Chartered Accountant, Pravika completed her training contract at KPMG and has worked in several KPMG offices in South Africa. Pravika was the Finance Manager at Tavcor Motor Group and is currently the General Manager of Finance at Lumotech.
Andre Swartbooi (Acoustex Group) – Secretary & Membership
Greg Billson (Enterprise Development Consultants) – Strategic Partnerships
Lee-Anne Vasi (Nelson Mandela University Business School) – Head of Membership Portfolio
Loudeaux Minnie (LX Events Management) – Head of Events Portfolio
Neil Barker (Oracle Media) – Head of Marketing Portfolio
Brenden Adriaanzen (DG Incentives) – Marketing
Oyama Sidlabane (Lizwe Fuels) – Membership
Ronel Marais (VWSA) – Finance/Funding
Loyiso Nyengule (Standard Bank) – Membership
Siphokazi Ngombane (NMBM Export Helpdesk) – Events
© Exporters Eastern Cape | All rights reserved