Welcome to Exporters Eastern Cape
Our vision is to create an environment for members to become globally competitive exporters by facilitating conversations, information and collaboration in the Eastern Cape export market.
Exporters Eastern Cape is a non-profit organisation for persons/companies involved in exporting, either directly or indirectly, or for persons/companies with an interest in exporting. The organisation’s mission is to encourage more local firms to prepare themselves to take on the challenge of exporting and to assist existing exporters to become more globally competitive.
Exporters Eastern Cape membership represents a broad spectrum of professions derived mainly from large and smaller export companies, freight forwarders, financial institutions and shipping lines.
Any firm, institution or individual with a real interest in promoting the aims and objectives of Exporters Eastern Cape is welcome to join.
Exporters Eastern Cape can be of benefit to you by:
- Exposure to network opportunities at its functions. This is a great opportunity to be extended to colleagues, suppliers and clients to join you at our events.
- Attending export-related talks.
- Facilitating personal referrals to experts on aspects of exporting that are of particular concern to you.
- Strengthening the bonds between members with interests similar to yours.
- Providing opportunities for open debate on subjects of general interest to the export fraternity.
- Receiving export-related information on various platforms, including email and social media channels.
- Acknowledging and offering exposure by being named Exporter of the Year.
Attendance of events is by invitation only. Non-members are charged R100 per person. Contact Suzanne Vermeulen, the Branch Coordinator at Exporters Eastern Cape on email@example.com.
Events are added to this section shortly after the invitations are issued, please click the Event for Invitation and other Media Downloads such as Minutes, Entry Forms and Presentations.
You are invited to a half-day workshop hosted by Exporters Eastern Cape and Sasfin Commercial Solutions on Wednesday, 27 March 2019. There has been a number of updates in the Customs Control & Duty Act and this workshop, presented by Nico Smit, will...read more
You are invited to a Networking Event with Exporters Eastern Cape on Tuesday, 19 March 2019 at Radisson Blu Hotel. Topics to be discussed:KPMG Global Automotive SurveyIndustry 4.0Opportunities in Africa and MexicoClick on the button below to RSVP by...read more
Join Exporters Eastern Cape for a day on the green at Wedgewood Golf Club for our Annual Golf Day on Thursday, 30 May 2019.Thank you to SJM Flex SA for supporting Exporters Eastern Cape as the main sponsor of the Annual Golf Day! ENTER A TEAM OR BOOK A...read more
The Eastern Cape Symposium & Exhibition is taking place on the 27th & 28th of March 2019 and will be the first of an annual programme by the Eastern Cape Development Corporation in collaboration with the Buffalo City Metro Municipality and Nelson...read more
The Exporters Eastern Cape is a non-profit making organisation for persons / companies involved in exporting, either directly or indirectly, or for persons/companies with an interest in exporting, and our objectives are:
- To provide for the exchange of ideas, information and experience amongst members.
- To liaise closely with other export orientated clubs and bodies.
- To apply all its funds to carry out such undertakings as may be necessary for or incidental to promoting the objectives of the club.
Exporters Eastern Cape’s mission is to encourage more local firms to prepare themselves to take on the challenge of exporting and to assist existing exporters to become more globally competitive.
The aims of Exporters Eastern Cape are:
- To provide its members the opportunity for networking in a way that contributes meaningfully to their understanding of the foreign trade environment and to the promotion of their export interests.
- To generate an inclusive, professional export fellowship between exporters and their supporting service providers.
- To link with and support institutions involved in export education and training.
- To give recognition to export achievers and in general to promote an export culture.
Exporters Eastern Cape annually undertakes several activities in promoting its aims. These include:
- Monthly meetings and special gatherings conducive to networking, with informative speakers on a variety of export related subjects.
- First-hand contact with government and other officials dealing with industrial development, export promotion, customs administration, port facilities etc.
- Liaison with business chambers, local and regional structures, and related clubs in other regions.
- Prestige awards for the Eastern Cape Exporter of the Year
Quintin Levey – Chairperson
t: 041 395 1519 c: 082 719 2166
Quintin is a Chartered Accountant with 15 years experience at KPMG in audit, tax and advisory firm.
Jane Stevenson – Vice-Chairperson
t: 041 393 4800
c: 083 449 3100
Jane holds the position of Strategic Director at Magnetic Storm.
Suzanne Vermeulen – Branch Coordinator
t: 041 373 1122
Suzanne is the new Branch Coordinator and “go-to” person to contact for all Exporters Eastern Cape enquiries or if members wish to connect with one another. As a qualified Public Relations Practitioner, Suzanne’s role is to facilitate, oversee and manage all aspects that the organisation is involved in – working alongside the Exporters Eastern Cape Committee.
Pravika Chetty – Treasurer
t: 041 404 4400
c: 073 376 3264
A qualified Chartered Accountant, Pravika completed her training contract at KPMG and has worked in several KPMG offices in South Africa. Pravika is currently the Finance Manager at Tavcor Motor Group.
Greg Billson – Finance/Funding
Cheryl Reynolds – Marketing
Loudeaux Minnie – Events
Ryan Tudhope – Membership
Ndulela Canca – Membership
Sujit Bhagattjee – Membership
Please click on an image below to open the full gallery of images for the selected event:
PE Networking Event – March 2019
East London Networking Event with SMA Engineering SA 2019
Annual Social 2018
InfiniteEdge Talk 2018
BKB Site Tour 2018
Breakfast with DG Capital – Carbon Tax
Exporter of the Year 2018 Gala Banquet
Exporters Eastern Cape 2018 AGM
EXPORTER OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2019
The Annual Exporter of the Year 2019 Banquet will take place on Friday, 16th August at the Boardwalk International Convention Centre.
Contact the Branch Coordinator, Suzanne Vermeulen on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to enter your company for Exporter of the Year.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Chairman, Quintin Levey on 082 719 2166 if you have any questions.
Click on the link below to listen to interviews from Kingfisher Fm:
The ECDC will be working with TIKZN on facilitating a Sector Specific Assistance Scheme (SSAS) application for the Americas Food and Beverage 2019 for 12 to 15 SA companies. In view of this, your company is hereby invited to apply to participate in the...read more
The ECDC extends an invitation to your firm to apply to participate in the Asia Fruit Logistica 2019 exhibition, scheduled to take place on 4-6 September 2019 in Hong Kong, China.The deadline for the submission of complete EMIA National Pavillion...read more
NAAMSA commented that the disappointing trend in new car sales experienced in January had continued into February, 2019. The continued lower than expected car sales had however been offset by fairly strong commercial vehicle sales numbers. Export sales had...read more
The Minister of Finance acknowledged that, notwithstanding increases in tax rates since 2016, tax revenue as a proportion of gross domestic product has started to decline. Therefore, in order to limit the negative impact on economic growth, the 2019 budget...read more
Click on a link below to download the selected report:
© 2019 | Exporters Eastern Cape | All rights reserved