Entries for Exporter of the Year 2020 is open! Closing date is 1 June 2020!
The Exporter of the Year Awards honours and acknowledges exporters and service providers to industry who have excelled in the period under review. The Exporter of the Year Awards showcases the true success of our exports in our city and we will indeed have an Exporter of the Year Awards this year even during unprecedented times.
Please don’t hesitate with your entries this year, we need the success stories and our city needs the good news of what successes have been had in the past year. More details will be shared at a later stage but use this time to work on your entries to be submitted by the 1st of June 2020.
The winner in the category Best Exporter: Small Business in 2019, was S4 Integration and according to S4 Integration New Business Development Manager Ettienne Gerwel winning the award had an amazing impact on the business.
“Congratulations to all of the other winners and I would encourage exporters to enter again next year. We have one goal and that is to take the Eastern Cape to the world, and therefore we are all winners as members of Exporters Eastern Cape,” said Gerwel.
Winner of the Best Provider of Services to Exporters was Sasfin Commercial Solutions (Global Trade).
Sasfin Commercial Solutions (Global Trade) National Manager Brenden Adriaanzen said the excitement of winning the award was amazing – especially the Monday morning following the awards ceremony back at the office, when all 52 staff members celebrated the award.
“It was such a proud feeling, since the award belongs to everyone. We received letters of congratulations from all over and the award was also wonderful free advertising and marketing,” said Adriaanzen.
Exporter of the Year Categories:
- IDC Job Creation Award (Exporters who have created the most number of new sustainable jobs within their business in the last financial year)
- SJM Flex Environmental Practice Award (Exporters who have not yet achieved environmental accreditation and who pursue activities towards Environmental Sustainability)
- SJM Flex Environmental Award (Exporters who have environmental accreditation and who pursue excellence in environmental management)
- Best Provider of Services to Exporters (All service providers to the export industry)
- Best Exporter: Small Business (Exporters with direct and indirect export turnover below R25-million)
- Best Exporter: Medium Enterprises (Exporters with direct and indirect export turnover between R25-million and R200-million)
- Best Exporter: Corporate Category (Exporters with direct and indirect export turnover greater than R200-million)
- Best Exporter: OEM (Exporters who are manufacturers or original equipment for the automotive industry)
- Exporter of the Year 2020 (The entity which, in the judges’ opinion, achieved the most success in the period under review.)
Judging all entries is a thorough and robust task. Judging criteria include qualitative and quantitative and all judges are independent from the exporters.
Please refer to the judging criteria scorecard when completing your entry form, as this should guide you in the amount of information required in each area of the entry form.
The judges scoring on the quantitative information will be performed in terms a matrix, to ensure consistent scoring for these factors from all the judges.
The judges will therefore spend more time on the qualitative factors on the scorecard. For this reason the scorecard has been updated for the qualitative factors and the entry from has been updated to align with the new scorecard.
If you would like to partner with Exporters Eastern Cape in hosting the prestigious Awards contact Suzanne Vermeulen at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 083 291 5214.
Contact the Branch Coordinator, Suzanne Vermeulen on email@example.com or the Chairman, Quintin Levey on 083 489 2232 if you have any questions.